Fun Kids Activities For Ramadan
Ramadan is hands down our favorite time of the year. From decorating our house to creating different meals for iftar to getting ready for Eid, it's a month of fun-filled activities. It's also a great time to teach the kids about self-reflection, acts of kindness, and the value of giving back to the community.
Decorate your Home
We start decorating our home a few days before Ramadan with lanterns, crescent moons, and fairy lights. You can get crafty and make these at home or get them from stores like Daiso.
Get New Prayer Mats
Prayer mats come in different designs, sizes, and textures. Getting your kids new prayer mats that they like gets them excited to perform the prayer. Check out the Sabr mats available at our store that have a kid's collection of prayer mats your children will love. The best part about these prayer mats is they are foldable and come up with a pouch so you can take it with you on the go. They are also made of natural rubber making them eco-friendly.
Setup a Prayer Corner
Set aside a corner in the house to perform prayers and decorate it with the children. It can be simple with a masjid cutout from cardboard or your kids can get crafty and create walls to form a complete masjid.
Make a Ramadan Advent Calendar
Advent calendars are a fun way to count down to Eid and you can customize the list of activities to what you want your kids to do. Here are some ideas for activities you can include:
- Decorate the house
- Setup the prayer corner
- Learn how people around the world welcome Ramadan
- Make a bookmark to use in the Quran
- Donate toys to kids in need
- Donate clothes and food to people in need
- Learn a new surah
- Learn about the phases of the moon
- Make prayer beads
- Make Eid cookies (we make maamoul)
- Make Eid cards
Get a Ramadan Crafts Box
Coming up with ideas and putting together kits to keep your kids busy during Ramadan can be a daunting task and sometimes impossible if you have other roles and responsibilities. So, when we found the Salam Seekers Ramadan Box we were thrilled. The box allows children to fully embrace Ramadan, through age-appropriate activities that cover all areas of the early years' development. The activities cover sensory play, role play, motor skills, math, literacy, and arts & crafts. The activities can be played by a single child or with a group of children. You can order the box through the Salaam Seekers Instagram page @salaamseekers.
Take Your Kids to Ramadan Inspired Workshops
Apart from the fact that woo-hoo! is a fantastic place for children with so many engaging areas, it also has an impressive line-up of workshops. For Ramadan and Eid woo-hoo! is offering the following workshops:
- Build You Own Masjid and Decorate It on 17th April 2021
- Arabesque Art Workshop: Create a Stained Glass Candle on 21st April 2021
- Ramadan Family Workshop: Gratitude Tree on 24th April 2021
- Arabesque Art Workshop: Mosaic Tile on 28th April 2021
- Ramadan Family Workshop: Make Your Prayer Mat and Tasbih on 1st May 2021
- Ramadan Family Workshop: 5 Pillars of Islam Word Art on 8th May 2021
- Eid Workshop: Money Holder and Scratch Art Eid Mubarak or Henna Design on 13th May
- Eid Workshop: Geometric Tile on 14th May 2021
You can book any of the above workshops on their website or click here.
We've also put together a Ramadan & Eid board on our Pinterest for more inspiration on Ramadan arts & crafts, Ramadan décor, and activities your kids can do or the whole family can enjoy together.
Check it out: https://www.pinterest.com/thecribuae/ramadan-eid/